1. Instantly creates an hourglass figure.
- If you have broad shoulders, a peplum dress or skirt will balance you out.
- For those who have a little extra love in the tummy area (like me) it will help give back that hourglass figure by contrasting your waistline.
- If you have a slender frame (or even just a straighter frame), this will enhance your curves.
2. Adds playfulness and femininity to an otherwise stuffy ensemble.
If it weren’t for the peplum effect of the blazer, this look would be quite serious and a little too matronly for a woman of Kate Middleton’s age. It also adds curves to her slender body.
3. It’s readily available in thrift stores!
The peplum has been around long before the 1980s! It’s the modern way to wear a bustle, representing a stark contrast to the loose-fitting garments of the 1920s and 30s.
Thanks for reading, thrifters!